WHERE IS CYKELNERVEN?
TBC. The routes for the Tour de France 2024 will be annouced in November 2023. You will get to ride the toughest climbs and stages one week before the professionals in the official race.
WHEN IS CYKELNERVEN?
4th - 9th June 2024
HOW DO I GET TO THERE
You will need to book your own flights and we will give you information when you register.
The event takes place over 4 days, and on the 5th day you will fly home.
Depending on where you are flying from, we recommend that you arrive early, maybe 1 day, or 2 days, this will help you adjust to jet lag. You can stay either near to the airport or at the first nights hotel.
Your MSIF support team will meet you at the airport, alongside the Danish Support Team.
You will be transferred with your bike to the start and back to the airport after the event.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Registration Fee: €1500
Sponsorship Minimum: €2500
Extra: You will need to pay for your return flight, travel insurance and the transport of your bike, we have a company to help, so get in touch with the team.
Included in this fee you will receive:
- Personal training advice and support
- An amazing fundraising pack full of great ideas
- Fundraising resources to help you reach your target
- Regular emails and calls to keep you motivated
During the event you will:
- Meet at the airport for pick up
- Receive a full brief
- Receive a Cykelnerven jersey to wear with pride during the ride
- Be provided with breakfast and dinner at the hotels in France – you will have to provide yourself with supplies at departure and on the journey home
- Be provided with lunch / sandwiches (on the go) during all the stages
- Have all your hotel accommodation arranged (in shared double, or occasionally triple, rooms)
- Support and guidance from cycling coaches
- Support and service in France
- Transfer from and to the airport
After the event you will get:
- The respect of your peers*
- Several marriage proposals from admirers*
- A lifetime of memories
- A sweaty Cykelnerven jersey to remind you of what you achieved
* Not guaranteed by Cykelnerven. They may be put off by the sweaty jersey.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Cykelnerven is a fully international event, expect to meet cycling enthusiasts from all over the world!
The event is a test of your ability to climb some of the toughest mountains in the world, so expect to be self-sufficient - If you get a puncture you must fix it - you have to take responsibility over your climb.
If there are injuries or illnesses, do not worry, our medical team will take care of you.
If there are serious issues with bikes, do not worry our support crew will pick you up, and our mechanics will fix it.
If you are tired, do not worry we have cheerers and refuge points. But… you still have to get up that mountain.
You will ride in groups of riders with similar abilities to you, with a coach who speaks English.
Expect to be staying in the most beautiful villages across the mountains of Europe, and expect to take over Casinos, Sports Halls and Music Venues, as 250 riders dine in the evenings.
You will get breakfast at the hotel you stay at, lunch on the road (usually half way on the route) and dinner is usually buffet style with talks, presentations and lots of fun.
You will have a dedicated team from MSIF looking after you during the trip, it is their job to make sure you are safe and know what is happening in the mornings and evenings, (they won’t be present at all times during the cycle). All briefings will be in English, so you know what to expect each day.
You will have the most unforgettable time of your life.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME AS A RIDER?
You are much more than a rider if you are a participant in the Cykelnerven 2024. You are part of the legacy.
If you are chosen, you will be an ambassador for Cykelnerven and the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation. It is therefore a requirement that you do all you can to spread the message of multiple sclerosis and fundraise money for multiple sclerosis research while training for your epic adventure. All riders have an individual goal to collect €2500 and we will support you to do that.
WHAT IS THIS YEAR'S CYKELNERVEN JERSEY?
Our 2024 Jersey designs will be released soon. In the jersey pack you will receive:
2 cycling vests
2 pairs of pants
1 wind vest
HOW DO I GET MY BIKE THERE?
You have three options:
- You can rent a bike locally.
- Use our transport company.
- Or, have your bike packed and placed into a study carrier, and bring it with you on your flight.
Get in touch with the team to discuss.